Welcome to the newsletter of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games! As the days tick by, you can be assured that your staff at the World Games is hard at work preparing facilities, organizing teams and conducting training to make this a once-in-a-lifetime experience for you as a volunteer as well as for the participants.
During the month of June, Kentucky residents went through general training at the impressive Fortune Drive Volunteer Training Center. In July, out-of-state volunteers can participate in general training online. (Details will be sent to you soon.) Training is a required component for volunteering, and this training will put you on the edge of your seat with excitement as we are quickly approaching the Games.
All housing information can be found on our website by clicking on the Accommodation link.
Alternate Housing RV, Campgrounds and Hostel-like Accommodations
National Cadet Training Center--This is a barracks- style housing option that ranges from semi-private to full barracks style sleeping. This center is approximately 30-40 minutes from the Kentucky Horse Park. Rates include breakfast.
Campground--This is an option for guests who have their own RV.
Midway Station--This is a temorary RV campsite. Volunteers will be able to lease an RV on site for $99+tax per night. The RVs sleep up to five adults (one queen bed, one pull-out sofa and one twin bed), have one bathroom and a kitchenette.
Church housing--This barracks-style sleeping is provided by a local church utilizing two large fellowship halls. Grab & Go bag breakfast is included in the rate.
Upload, or update your picture, birth date and your Social Security number in your Shiftboard account. If you are a general volunteer, please fill out your availability by providing us with the times you are busy.
In order to conduct the mandatory background security check, we must have your SS# (or Passport number, if applicable) to pass on to the appropriate authorities. We also will be using your picture for you Credential ID.
To upload a Picture:
1. Have a JPEG picture file available (it must be a close-up, “passport-style” picture and cannot be larger than 2MB in size).
2. In your Shiftboard profile, under “Contact Info,” click on “Picture (update)."
3. Click on “Browse," find the picture you want to upload.
4. Use the “Chose File to Upload” window to locate your new picture file and double click on the picture.
5. Click on the “Upload” button. Your new picture will be displayed.
To add or update your Social Security Number and/or Passport Number in your Shiftboard account:
1. Click on the “Profile” tab.
2. Scroll down the “Applicant Information” to see the “Passport” and "Social Security” number fields.
3. If a white box is displayed, enter the information and click on the “Update” button. Your account will be updated with the new information.
If you are an out-of-town general volunteer, please make travel arrangements now. You can choose your dates to travel (as long as you can work six days and include a day for uniform/credential pickup). Please indicate the days you will NOT be here as "busy" times. Leave the rest of the days "open." Your manager will use this information to create your official schedule later this summer.
To indicate your availability (specifically, your “Busy” time), do the following:
If you have any day(s) or certain hours in a day that you can not work, please mark those days or hours as “ busy” or “do not want to volunteer.”
1. Go to: http://www.alltechfeigames.com/ 2. Select "Volunteers", then "General Volunteers", then “View Your Account”.
3. When the “Sign-In: World Equestrian Games Shift board “ window appears, enter your e-mail address and password.
4. Once you are logged in to your account, click on the “Availability” tab.
5. Click on “Add Time” at the bottom of the screen.
6. Use “General Availability” or “Specific Availability” to indicate to Volunteer Services the day(s) or hours in a day that you are unavailable (or “busy”). Using “Specific Availability” is sometime the easier approach to completing this update.
(This information will be used by your manager when scheduling your shifts.)
Parking will be FREE for volunteers during their shifts at the Games. Volunteers will park on site in a dedicated lot, when reporting for work.
A Mandatory background security check will be run for every volunteer. We must have your SS# (or Passport Number, if applicable), and birth date for you to volunteer.
The invitation to online general training has been sent to all general volunteers who did not attend live training in June. If you have not received your email invitation to train, please do two things; first check your junk mail box in case the e-mail was marked [SPAM]. Second contact volunteer services at the
e-mail address below if you have not received an email for the invitation so it may be resent.
We will be using your shift board photo for your Credential ID as a volunteer for the Games.
Requirements for your shift board photo are, as follows:
The image should be an accurate likeness. The image should be a front view of the applicant’s head and shoulders “passport style." Hats, hair bands or dark glasses may not be worn, unless always worn for religious or medical reasons. The picture should be taken in front of a white or light-colored, solid background.
(Your Shiftboard account photo should look like volunteer of the month, Charlene, to the right).
Email us at email@example.com or call our Volunteer Care Center at (859) 244-2996