There are a number of changes underway at the Kentucky Horse park as it prepares for the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. These permanent additions and upgrades will benefit the Kentucky Horse Park before and long after the 2010 Games. These major changes include:
- Construction of a climate-controlled, 6,000 seat Indoor Arena. Completed in July 2009.
- Construction of a new 7,500 seat Outdoor Stadium. Completed in March 2009.
- Construction of a new vehicle entrance.
- Upgrades to roads, pathways and visitor gathering points throughout the Park.
In addition to the permanent construction currently underway at the Park, the organizing committee of the 2010 Games is busy designing temporary additions including:
- Temporary Seating
- Outdoor Stadium- 22,500 (additional seats for a total of 30,000 seats)
- Driving Stadium- 6,000 seat temporary stadium
- Endurance Course, Cross-Country Course- Temporary Seating- TBD
- Temporary Structures
- Main Hospitality Structure and Chalets
- Media Center
- Ariat Volunteer Center
- Grooms Village
- Equine Village
- Trade Show Village
- Sponsor Showrooms
- Alltech Experience
- Kentucky Experience
Check back in the future for more information, designs and photos.
Click the links below for more Venue Information
Kentucky Horse Park